Harry Potter memories
The series is 20 years old today!
- •Buying the first bookA paperback at a Scholastic Book Fair in elementary school
- •Hearing it read aloud every day after recess in sixth gradeRight after our teacher finished reading us "Frindle." We had a class vote on how we thought Hermione was pronounced. Her-me-own won. Oops.
- •Seeing the second movie in theatersOn a Saturday with my aunt and uncle
- •Seeing the fourth movie at midnight with friendsI think it was my first midnight movie showing! I went to many more throughout high school and college but now I'm too old to stay awake during them
- •Finishing the fifth book before all of my friendsI read really quickly in general and I loved the 5th book. It was too long and too slow for some of my peers though
- •Dressing up as Hermione for HalloweenWhat every brunette book nerd ought to embrace
- •Winning a beta entry into PottermoreThey made it so tricky!!!
- •Then being sorted into Ravenclaw on PottermoreThe best house 📚💙🦅
- •Wondering where Snape's arc was headedSuch a gray character...
- •Midnight release party at Barnes & Noble for the 7th bookI won a trivia contest! (See previous list item) Then stayed up all night finishing the book. Perfection ⚡️👍🏻😢
- •Midnight showing of the final movieThis time with my husband
- •Introducing my best friend to the series for the first time while we lived in Oxford on our study abroad semesterAnother friend saw her carrying the 4th book around and said "aww, don't you hate when [Spoiler] dies?!?" Hahaha the worst!!!
- •Understanding Lily's actions far more now that I have my own messy-haired son 👶🏻⚡️💙
- •And surely more memories to come 💕