STRONG FEMALE HEROES (FICTIONAL)
I am always keeping my eye out for potential role models for my theoretical future daughter. Here are some from stories.
- •ReySkywalker? Solo? Kenobi? Whoever she is, she is strong, independent, brave, curious, and flawed with a desire to improve herself. I heart her.
- •HermioneShe is soooo smart but knows there is more to life than "books and cleverness." Harry and Ron would have died a thousand times over without her.
- •Wonder WomanI have only recently been looking into this female superhero, and while I still have much to learn, I've liked what I've seen of her power and grace so far.
- •Jane EyreShe sticks up for herself against every jerk who crosses her path: Aunt Reed, Mr. Brocklehurst, even Rochester and St. John. She finds solace in books and in nature. So much better than Cathy Earnshaw!
- •Elizabeth BennetIntelligent, stubborn, great at reading and walking and sassing Darcys... it's so easy to forget she was created in the 1700s!
- •To be continued...