GIVE ME YOUR BIRTH CONTROL DEETS!
I'm nosy (as we all know) and I want to know what the lovely babes of @list are using for the BC. All the ins and outs and side effects to!
- •I'm using the Nexplanon implant & Condoms.I've had it for about 7 months (and had it in the past for three years) I don't many of the side effects past the first month. No breakouts, nothing crazy with cramps but my period comes every other month and last for about 2 weeks. It's super effective, I use condoms with sex as well (except for one stupid time) and still not preggers.
- •I also use the Eve app.It helps you track everything from moods with periods, while not on your period, sexy times and had a dope community of other babes.
- •I'm seriously thinking of switching to the non hormonal IUD Paraguard..... Still want to know how it works for other ladies.
- •I've never used Emergency Contraception yet.How's that worked for y'all?
- •OK babes, spill the beans on your birth control methods!
- •I'm a Nuva Ring galIt's awkward to put in and take out for the first few months. You only need the Nuva Ring once a month, so its good for forgetful ladies. I switched from pills because I was experiencing nausea after taking them. No babies no scares. Worst side effect was when my bf thought I was lying about being on BC since he never saw me pop a pill. Got rid of him and kept the (nuva) ring. Plus its $0 with my insurance!Suggested by @Boogie
- •I take Minastrin24.No cramps, no acne, period lasts 1-3 days every month, I don't take it the same time everyday, but it's effective. Started taking it in my teens to help with hormonal imbalance.Suggested by @josie
- •I can't comment on the IUD but I have used emergency contraception twice and it has worked for me (at least it seemed to, I mean I didn't get pregnant so...). Both times I took it within 12 hours of the "incident" so I think that's important!Suggested by @hermionegranger
- •Condoms (embracing my inner high schooler)Hormonal birth control caused major problems with depression. The paragard is an option but I already get bad cramps so I use condoms and it works pretty okay, especially because I'm in a long distance relationship and not fucking ~all the time~ I used plan b once and it was totally easy but way too expensive so avoid at all costs if ya can!! Also pro tip, you can get them really cheaply at bed bath & beyond!Suggested by @aliciamcelhaney
- •NuvaringI love the nuvaring! So easy to use, not having to remember to take a pill, never gained weight or had weird side effects. BUT it's a lower dose of hormones so I did have some months that I spotted before I removed the ring and was supposed to get my period which made me worry that it wasn't as effective. (Also, right now, I use condoms and I'm not on any other birth control) and my bestie who's a nurse worries that it could cause cervical cancer?!Suggested by @jessnobs