LOVELY THINGS WOMEN CAN TRY SAYING TO EACH OTHER
Because fuck the patriarchy, if we keep fighting and hurting each other, boys will just do it even more. It's okay to ask your fellow girl for help, love and encouragement. And it's also okay to ask her to share her French fries..
- •You're smart and that idea is greatInstead of "that idea is stupid because I didn't think of it first"
- •You're beautiful, sometimes I don't feel that way. How did you get your confidence?Instead of "that bitch thinks she's so fucking cute, someone needs to knock her down a few pegs"
- •I don't fully understand the struggles of women who are (insert race other than yours here) can you help me try to?Instead of "they are just being extra whiney, we are all going through the same thing"
- •Um, where did you nab such an awesome boyfriend? (Or gf or anyone else)Instead of trying to take who isn't yours or trying to break up a otherwise great relationship.
- •I fucking love your style, I'm kind of nervous to wear things like that.Instead of "she looks like a hoe in that crop top"
- •Your makeup is amazing your face is beat for the gods!! Teach me!Instead of "she looks like a fugly slut with all that makeup"
- •I'm listening to your every word and am here for you.Suggested by @RStrout
- •"I appreciate how well you do your job"Instead of bitching about your female coworkers all day...Suggested by @penguinchrissy
- •You're doing a great job. I know it's hard, but you're killing it and it's not going unnoticed.Applicable for work & home. Would have been manna from God if someone said this to me while I was struggling with my babies in public. (A+ list)Suggested by @ameliaville
- •I'm always here, no judgment. Please call me if you need help, or a safe place.To friends in an abusive relationship. Letting them know you're there for them makes them more likely to lean on you. If you make them feel judged, or like they have disappointed you, they won't reach out. It's not as easy as "why don't you just leave them? How hard can it be?" It is hard. 💙Suggested by @saytrumbo
- •"You do you, boo"I say this a lot to my female friends - you are in control of your own destiny. You don't owe anyone any explanation for shit. You do as you please, and I'm not here for fault you for it. LADIES: DO the damn thing! ✨💅🏾💁🏽🙋🏽✨Suggested by @ijeoma
- •Get in my pocket!My friend Jen says this to me all the time and it makes my heart explode with joy. It basically means: "I love you, I want to be near you, I'm always thinking of you, we're on the same team." It really is music to my ears. ❤️Suggested by @alligeeshow
- •I admire your strengthSuggested by @kate81