WHAT I'M MAKING THIS WEEK (4/10/16)
Every week I plan a nightly menu before hitting up the market. I find it's the best way to save money (I don't buy extra food that doesn't get eaten) and time (I can jump right into cooking after work without trying to figure out what to make). Here's what we're cooking this week!
- •Sun: Wild mushroom tagliatelleNo real recipe here. I fund some gorgeous mushrooms that I'm going to sauté with a load of shallots and garlic. Thinking creme fraiche for creaminess and peas for green. Mmm...
- •Mon: Chickpea Spinach Masala.This super simple masala recipe from @finecooking looks like the perfect bridge between winter and spring. http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/chickpea-spinach-masala.aspx
- •Tues: Herb, Chard & Feta SoupMy kids love soup, and it's one of the only ways I can get them to (happily) eat vegetables. This green beauty from Yotam Ottolenghi is a favorite, especially this time of year when we're craving brighter flavors. With grilled cheese sandwiches, of course! http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/herb-chard-and-feta-soup
- •Wed: Turkey Burgers & Sweet Potato FriesWe really, really like burgers (really, who doesn't?!). I think this week I'll give them an Asian flair with some ginger, sesame oil, tamari and scallions. Sriracha mayo is a must.
- •Thurs: ??It's my birthday and I'm not cooking! James is going to make dinner. Menu is TBD.