WHAT I'M MAKING THIS WEEK (4/17/16)
Every week I take a few minutes to plan out a menu for the week. That way I can jump into cooking dinner every night without thinking about what I'm going to make, and I shop only for (ok, mostly for) what I need (does the ice cream count as a necessity?). Here's the menu for this week. What are you making?
- •Sun: Peanut noodle kale bowls with grilled teriyaki chickenI just got the new Love & Lemons cookbook for my bday (alright, I bought it for myself) and can't wait to try a few recipes from the book. The grilled teriyaki chicken is my addition. Don't tell.
- •Mon: Roasted cauliflower tacos with chipotle creamAnother one from Love & Lemons. She had me at chipotle cream.
- •Tues: Chickpea waffles with asparagus, crispy chickpeas and minty yogurtThis is something I'm creating for my blog (www.nickisizemore.com/blog). In my head it tastes awesome. Let's hope reality lives up.
- •Wed: Penne with curry-roasted cauliflower and raisinsI'm clearly on a cauliflower spree this week. We do pasta once a week (my kids will eat nearly anything if it's on a noodle). Getting tired of our old stand-bys and looking forward to trying this curry-laced version from Food & Wine. http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/gluten-free-penne-curry-roasted-cauliflower-and-raisins
- •Thurs: Clean-out-the-fridge surpriseThis is the night I wing it. It's a game to see if I can use up the rest of the produce in the fridge. I seem to be on a quinoa and millet cake spree. We'll see...
- •Fri: Get me the hell outta my kitchen!