What I'm Making This Week (4/30/16)
Every week I plan what I'm going to make for dinner before hitting up the market, saving me time on busy nights, and saving me $$ at the market. Here's what I'm making this week!
- •Sun: Pan roasted strip steaks with roasted cherry tomatoes, spaghetti squash with mint pestoI have to test recipes for strip steaks and spaghetti squash and thought I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I'm going to spoon some slow roasted cherry tomatoes over the steak and toss the spaghetti squash with a mint/parsley pesto. Contemplating dessert, but that's only b/c rainy days make me want to bake.
- •Mon: Fettuccine with ramps and asparagusI snatched a bunch of ramps from my market and am going to sauté them with butter and garlic, toss in some shaved asparagus and twirl everything up with some gluten free fettuccine. A shower of Parmesan is a must.
- •Tues: Stir fry with chickenI'm developing a workhorse stir fry sauce that can be used with nearly any protein and/or veg combination. This week it will be chicken, broccoli and baby bok choy. White rice, not brown.
- •Wed: Chipotle chicken tacosWe're celebrating Quatro de Mayo instead of Cinco de Mayo since I'm going out to dinner with a friend tomorrow night. We'll be making these chipotle chicken tacos, which I featured on my blog last week (www.nickisizemore.com/blog). Smoky, spicy grilled chicken, Napa cabbage, avocado and a garlicky lime 'crema.' And margaritas! Lots of margaritas!!
- •Thurs: Mama's night OUTThe wild things (aka my family) can fend for themselves. (Which, as we all know, means pizza.)