What I'm Making This Week (6/26/16)
Every week I plan out a menu before hitting up the market, saving me time on busy weeknights and money at the store. This is the first week of no school. Summer is here! Here's what I'm making. I'd love to hear what you're cooking!
- •Sun: Lamb & Duck Sausages over Polenta with Summer Squash; Kale and Garlic Scape PestoSausages on the grill are one of summer's greatest gifts - so easy and so good, especially if you can score some killer homemade links. I grill sausages low and slow so they stay super juicy. Tonight I'll slice them and arrange them over polenta with grilled summer squash. My friend left a batch of kale and garlic scape pesto at my house last night, so that will get drizzled over top (score!). Dessert: strawberry frozen yogurt http://nickisizemore.com/strawberry-frozen-yogurt/
- •Mon: Pasta with Fresh Ricotta and PeasI picked up a bunch of shell and snap peas from the farmer's market, which I'm going to blanch in a pot of water before cooking a pound of pasta. While the pasta cooks I'll put a pint or so of fresh ricotta (the good stuff) in a large bowl and add minced garlic, lemon zest, s&p, olive oil and possibly some herbs. Once cooked, Add the pasta to the ricotta (with a bit of the pasta water), w/ a handful of parm and the peas. Fold together for a no-cook sauce. Drizzle with olive oil before serving.
- •Tues: Taco SaladI'm reconfiguring my mom's taco salad for my blog. I tested it a few weeks ago, and it needed a few tweaks. More creamy chipotle dressing. Ditch the homemade chips for store bought (the homemade ones just couldn't compare). More grated cheddar. Excited about this one!
- •Wed: Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese; Grilled Eggplant; HummusI'm in picnic mode, even if that means we just end up eating out on the back porch. Tonight will be a spread of room temperature ''sides'' combined to make dinner. A simple green lentil salad with finely diced carrots, celery, garlic and herbs, tossed with a sherry vinaigrette and goat cheese. Homemade hummus (canned beans), grilled eggplant and some naan. Maybe a quick garlic- and herbed-yogurt for dolloping. Yeah, that sounds good.
- •Thurs: Clean Out the Fridge Surprise