What I'm Making This Week (6/5/16)
Every week I plan out the dinners I'll make before I hit up the market, saving me time on busy weeknights and money at the store. Summer finally feels like she's arrived, and all I wanna do is eat outside.
- •Sun: Pork Chops with Almond Salmuera + Roasted Fingerling Potatoes + Asparagus + Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream SandwichesReally excited to try this recipe from Food & Wine: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/pork-chops-almond-salmuera How good does that look?! Side dishes will be simple: roasted fingerling potatoes and asparagus. For dessert, I'm testing chocolate coconut ice cream sandwiches for my blog. Oh yea, baby; recipe will be up soon! (http://nickisizemore.com/blog/)
- •Mon: Pasta with Bacon and KaleI usually let my six-year-old choose our weekly pasta (we have pasta once a week b/c my kids are nuts for noodles). She just said BACON, BACON, BACON. So I guess that means she wants bacon? I'm going to add lots of garlic, shallots and chopped Tuscan kale, which of course she'll pick out. Lots of grated Parm, as always.
- •Tues: Chickpea Curry Burgers + SaladI'm going to try these chickpea burgers from the book 'Clean Green Eats,' which I got for my birthday but haven't cracked into (I'm suspicious of the words ''clean green''). We'll see how it goes. We're all fans of burgers in any form, and I figure I'll dress these up with a mango chutney mayo (which probably discounts some of that ''clean'', thank god).
- •Wed: Summer Rolls with ShrimpI haven't made summer rolls in awhile and was inspired by Andrew Knowlton's article in this month's @BonAppetit (http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/summer-rolls). I'm going to use shrimp, julienned cucumbers and carrots, rice noodles and mango. I'm going to make a peanut sauce for dipping, which really is the best part. I blend up garlic, ginger, tamari, sesame oil, fish sauce, peanut butter, honey, sriracha and either veg oil or coconut milk. I'll try not to eat it with a spoon.
- •Thurs: Clean Out the Fridge SurpriseThis is my night to use up all the leftover odds and ends in the fridge. Tacos? Frittata? Only time will tell...