THE BEST SONGS FROM NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC! 1-10 THAT YOU FORGOT ABOUT
Back in the day we didn't have playlists. Face it-- your Discman was on a constant loop of Now CDs. So damn convenient!
- •As Long As You Love Me - Backstreet BoysWhile the Backstreet Boys are anything but forgotten, their first Now! hit is not an Everybody (Backstreet's Back) per se. As Long As You Love Me was track #2 on the first glorious album.
- •Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem) - Jay-ZWhat's better than Annie the musical? Jay-Z doin' freakin' Annie the musical, that's what. Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem) by Jay-Z made the cut for Now! 2.
- •What's My Age Again - Blink 182The incomparable Blink-182 asked the age-old question "What's My Age Again?" on track 3 of Now! 3. (Please note the pun attempt)
- •Blue (Da Ba Dee) - Eiffel 65GUYS. Now! 4 was my most cherished possession at the time of its release. And what song is better for a back-of-the-minivan-jam than Blue (Da Ba Dee), track 5 of Now! 4? PS Was he saying "I will die" during that chorus? 'Cause I know that's what I was singing...
- •Jumpin Jumpin - Destiny's ChildNow! 5 got festive with its album cover, fully embracing its aspirations to be the gift aunts across the country could buy last minute for their their nieces and nephews at Barnes & Noble. Queen B herself made her first Now! appearance with Destiny's Child at track 3: Jumpin' Jumpin'. HONORABLE MENTION: Shake it Fast, by Mystikal for best G Rated Edited version.
- •It Wasn't Me - ShaggyIt makes me do a mental double take when I recall the lyrics I shouted at the top of my lungs in my adolescence thanks to Shaggy and the song writers of "It Wasn't Me," chillin' at #7 of Now! 6.
- •Never Had a Dream Come True - S Club 7I hope to dear God that you were graced with the joy that the S Club 7(aka a poor man's Spice Girls) TV show on ABC Family spread to the nation, including but not limited to Track 15 on Now 7!: Never Had a Dream Come True.
- •Crush - Mandy MooreI gotta lotta love in my heart for Mandy Moore. Blonde Mandy, Brunette Mandy, pop singer Mandy, actress Mandy (Scrubs, anyone?), and even voice actress Mandy-- I love them all. She sings about my true love for Mandy in track #8 of Now! 8, "Crush".
- •Whenever, Wherever - ShakiraLong before Shakira told us that her hips don't lie, she called her breasts "small and humble" on track #4 of Now! 9, "Whenever, Wherever."
- •Can't Get You Out of My Head - Kylie MinogueLast but not least, we have "Can't Get You Out of My Head" track #2 on Now! 10 by Kylie Minogue. I miss her. WHERE IS KYLIE MINOGUE!!?? I just Googled it. According to Wikipedia: "Minogue was awarded an honorary Doctor of Health Science (D.H.Sc.) degree by Anglia Ruskin University in the United Kingdom for her work in raising awareness for breast cancer." Props, Kylie. Props.