10 Reasons Why I'm Happy I Went to an All Girls College in the Midwest
So many friends asked why I wanted to leave California when it came time to decide on college. I said I want to experience something new and it's the only time I have to do it.
- •I'm literally stopped everywhere I go because my college ring not only stands alone in how unique it is from all other college rings but because it's seriously a beautiful ring, thanks Saint Mary's for being on top of it. #smchick
- •University of Notre Dame is right across the street from my campus.
- •Saint Mary's is small - 1800 girls to be exact. You're a person, not a number.
- •My professors knew my name. A history professor actually emailed me once when I ditched class asking where I was, yikes!
- •It was a strong liberal arts college, I would have failed at a UC school! Science, math, engineering, nope. Humanities, oh yes please.
- •Oh the perks of being a Saint Mary's girl, I sat in the student section at Notre Dame football and basketball games.
- •Other perks - I wore leggings, little makeup and threw my hair in a bun everyday for class and I wasn't judged because every other girl was doing it too.
- •I got an awesome education. When I started my masters program, I knew I was beyond prepared. It was an experience I'll never forget.
- •Moving two thousand miles to a new town, experiencing a different culture and entering college seemed so much better than going to school in my home state. Even if home is California.
- •South Bend is like 75 miles east of Chicago, its like the third best city in the country. Friends and I would drive in to the city every other Thursday to hit up the Science and Industry Museum, catch a Cubs game in season and then get pizza and beer.