New writing projects
- •Lately, I feel like I need to do more to grow as a professionalI have a bachelor's in journalism/public relations and a master's in technical communication
- •Most things I've written in the last year or two have been extremely ehhh...technical?Grant proposals, letters of intent, grant reports, acknowledgment letters
- •In October I started a How-To blogWhich I enjoyed, but it still felt too formulaic. But that was really the plan for it, so I'm not complaining. Shameless plug: https://barelymakingitblog.wordpress.com/
- •But now I want more
- •So, I'm creating two additional blogsGood things come in threes? (Actually I have a super personal blog that I haven't updated in a long time. So technically four.) I think I'm a blog hoarder, but oh well.
- •New blog 1: focus on travelI do that some here on this app, but I can tell more detailed stories on the blog 😁 http://skgehrs.tumblr.com There's nothing posted, because creating the website was enough work for now.
- •New blog 2: 13.1 trainingMy friend and I are going to write this together. I've never ran a half marathon before, but she has. We're going to take two days a week each, so the blog will be updated 4x a week. I've never co-authored a blog, so hopefully it goes well! http://runitthatway.tumblr.com Nothing here either. I just wanted to prove to myself and my friend that we can co-author on a site. We're still learning.
- •Oh, and I attempt to write children's books on the side.Shopping around one story right now, but if anyone has tips on getting an agent, let your girl know. 😁
- •Yay for creating happiness 🎉🎉🎉