Productive ways I deal with stress
I'm such a high-stress person, so I have to find ways to stay level headed or at least pretend
- •Go for a quick walkSometimes the office gets crazy, so when I can, I abandon my desk and walk for a little bit
- •ExerciseRunning is a great way to pound out negativity. Combine with strength training, and usually my muscles aren't as tense. Just really sore.
- •Write about itI might write a letter to a friend, write on my blog, or just scribble thoughts to myself to help me refocus on the positive
- •Try a new recipeI've felt like I've been in self-destruct mode the last 24 hours, but I spent an hour or so making mini chicken pot pies this afternoon. I've felt a lot better since.
- •Watch garbage TVIt's not garbage to me, but everyone judges these shows. I can watch Teen Mom and the Kardashians, and just relax. I don't have to think about anything or follow some in-depth plot line.
- •Go for a longer walkI'm getting better at starting or ending my day with a two-mile walk to clear out my head
- •Paint my nails💅🏻
- •Start a sewing projectI get lost in fabric and organizing for hours, forgetting everything else
- •Organize/cleanSame as previous
- •Read a bookCurrently I'm reading Bossypants, and Tina Fey makes everything better