MY RANKING OF STAR WARS MOVIES
Because I know you were dying to know what I thought. (That's sarcasm, it's hard to tell on the internet sometimes)
- 1.The Empire Strikes BackBecause I'm Han/Leia trash of the highest order. Their scenes in this movie are some of my favorites from any movie ever. But also: Yoda, one of the biggest twists in cinema history, and some really gorgeously composed shots.
- 2.The Force AwakensAs everyone else has said, the plot is basically A New Hope, but I don't care. This is a super fun movie and by far the best acted of all of the Star Wars films to date. The new kids are aces, the jokes are funny, and BB-8 is the cutest thing ever and I want one.
- 3.A New HopeInfinitely rewatchable, a lot of fun, a great introduction to this universe. It just makes me happy.
- 4.Return of the JediSo this one was my favorite as a kid but it doesn't hold up quite as well to me as an adult. I feel like the Special Edition meddling harms this movie more than the others. But it's still fun, the final showdown between Luke and Vader is well done, and Admiral Ackbar is the best.
- 5.Revenge of the SithBest of the prequels, which I guess is damning with faint praise. But there were parts to this I liked, and moments in the last half an hour that gave me chills. The line "So this is how Liberty dies ... With thunderous applause" is one that sticks with you.
- 6.Attack of the ClonesDon't really remember this one as I never rewatched it - making this and The Phantom Menace the only Star Wars movies I have not seen multiple times (including the new one) - but I know I liked it better than The Phantom Menace.
- 7.The Phantom MenaceGod, this movie was boring.