COOL THINGS IN MY BEDROOM
I'm a vintage freak. I get it from my mother.
- •Pieces from a Beatles board gameCirca 1964, Christmas present from the 'rents.
- •Rust-o-vision 3D glassesCirca 1978, handed out exclusively during Neil Young's "Rust Never Sleeps" concert fantasy movie. Found at a Cape Cod flea market. Super rare. Super cool.
- •"Give 'Em the Ax" pulp fiction novelCirca 1944. Mom gave this to me just because. I think it's totally badass.
- •Vintage photo that went terribly wrong in developmentThe one in the middle looks like his face was melted off and he is now just a skeleton. I don't know when this is from but I bought it at a flea market for 10¢ and it was worth every penny.
- •Dollhouse holographic TV that shows a cowboy riding a horse when you tilt it up and down.Circa 1940s-1950s. I'm obsessed with this lil thing.
- •Creepy tin types of childrenCirca mid 1800s-early 1900s. I love these just as much as I hate these. The small one is from my mom, the large one is a flea market find.
- •Specialty matchbook that makes a meat illustration out of the matchesCirca 1950s-1960s. I have a thousand and one vintage matchbooks but this one is my fav. Christmas pres from my mom.
- •Page from a Beatles fan zine where they are all in giant fur coatsCirca 1967. Self explanatory.
- •Green tinted glassesCirca 1910-ish? Bought at a flea market.
- •Floating head advertisement for soapCirca early 1920s. Where is her body? What have they done? Bought at a Maine flea market.
- •Souvenir pin from the Empire State BuildingCirca 1940s? Found at a flea market on the Cape.
- •Universal "Game Counter"Circa 1895. I don't know what to do with this but it's just so pretty.
- •Various tickets to social eventsCirca 1906 (Lady's Ticket to the First Grand Dance) and 1925 (Pie Social.) Why don't pie socials happen anymore?
- •A Holes VHS that's been sticking out from underneath my bed for months¯\_(ツ)_/¯