Overheard Sales Calls from my Dark Design Corner
I work for a badass travel company with an open floor plan. My desk is across the floor from the sales team, who are all ridiculous.
- •"Yesh. ....Sorry I just said 'yesh.' I don't know why I said it like that."He went on about this for at least another minute before I mouthed "let it go" at him.
- •"The deals are coming! The deals are coming!"Was left as a voicemail in the style of Paul Revere
- •"It's not really that you were loud, it's just that you were.... yelling."
- •"Are you a big Steve Irwin fan? The guy's a legend. It's unbelievable."True
- •"I'm contemporary Amish. I work on the phones but I'm calling you from a Dixie cup and a rubber band."
- •"Save my number with a bunch of emojis next to it so you don't forget me."
- •"Did we just become best friends?"Unironically
- •"Basically, these old vaults were filled with disease and grime and disgustingness, so yeah, you gotta check those out."
- •"Black Friday deals, WOOOOOO!"
- •"Hey! So I just got off the phone with your grandma"
- •"Uh oh, your mom's stalking me now."
- •"I'm a guy, so I don't need a purse."
- •"I don't want you to get too excited about this."
- •"No, I'm not married."