TOP 5 TWILIGHT ZONE EPISODES WITH THE BEST TWISTS
Not necessarily about the overall quality of the episode, but instead the twist. If you haven't seen any of these please do yourself a favor and SEE THEM or just let me spoil them for you below.
- •I Shot an Arrow into the Air (1960)A group of astronauts crash land on what seems to be an asteroid. Eventually their survival instincts kick in and they kill each other off until only one remains. He climbs over a rocky hill and discovers where he and his crew had really landed: a highway sign reads "Reno, 37 miles."
- •Eye of the Beholder (1960)A girl with a bandaged face has had multiple surgeries due to her ugliness. Doctors (with shadowed faces) begin to unwrap her bandages slowly, deciding that if the surgery was unsuccessful, she would need to be removed from society. When the bandages come off.... BAM! She's a beauty. And the doctors look like deformed pigs. What a commentary on society.
- •The Invaders (1961)A woman's home is invaded by tiny little aliens. Little does the audience know (until the very end), these tiny little aliens are AMERICAN ASTRONAUTS and this woman is a GIANT who lives on a planet inhabited by GIANTS.
- •The Midnight Sun (1961)The sun is moving closer to the earth and everyone is slowly dying from the heat. But wait! It was all a dream! Thank god! Hold on...... the sun is actually moving FURTHER AWAY FROM THE EARTH AND EVERYONE IS SLOWLY FREEZING TO DEATH???
- •The Dummy (1962)A ventriloquist named Jerry thinks that his dummy, Willie, is talking to him and that he is at his mercy. Nobody believes him. We feel bad for Jerry, until we discover that WILLIE is the ventriloquist and has been controlling JERRY THE DUMMY this ENTIRE TIME. WHAT??