DELIGHTFULLY OBSCURE WORDS YOU CAN ACTUALLY USE IN CASUAL CONVERSATION
Because ‘brobdingnagian’ makes you sound like a douchelord.
- •Tatterdemalion (n.) — hoboFrom his unkempt beard and grimy trousers I took him for a trust fund kid, but turns out he’s a tatterdemalion.
- •Galumptious (adj.) — great, grandThe galumptious haberdashery boasts a wondrous assortment of codpieces.
- •Kakistocracy (n.) — rule by foolsAmerica could abolish its entrenched kakistocracy if half its citizens would admit they are idiots.
- •Mellifluous (adj.) — sweet-soundingGroove to the mellifluous jams of Thelonius Monk, mmm baby, uh huh, yeah…
- •Jiggery-pokery (n.) — deceitful, dishonest behaviorThe shoplifting centenarian is living proof that even geriatric invalids enjoy a little jiggery-pokery.
- •Gallimaufry (n.) — hodgepodgeNoticing my stark feet, the laundromat attendant exhorted my perusal of the gallimaufry of forsaken socks he'd amassed so I might procure a unique pair.Suggested by @danimaljohn