R-RATED COMICS WE’D LIKE TO SEE AS HOLLYWOOD BLOCKBUSTERS
If ‘Deadpool’ can blow up, why not these? slate.me/1Qlp9SN
- •The misfit anti-hero Deadpool was a hit with audiences, making over $150 million in its opening weekend.Since Hollywood loves nothing more than clumsily imitating successful ideas, here’s some fresh meat for the movie-sausage grinder.
- •'The Authority’ by Warren Ellis and Bryan HitchA murderous band of superheroes keeps society safe by killing everyone they don’t like.
- •‘Ex Machina’ by Brian K. Vaughan and Tony HarrisAfter 9/11, a man who can communicate with machines becomes mayor of New York City. He’s soon swept up in political intrigue, terrorism, and urban chaos.
- •'Top 10’ by Alan Moore, Gene Ha, and Zander CannonThis violent, stylish police procedural tackles tough social issues in a world of unemployed metahumans.
- •‘Bitch Planet’ by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Valentine DeLandroFemale exiles on a remote galactic outpost fight for feminist values and freedom.
- •‘Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse’ by Ben TemplesmithAn omnipotent brain-slug possesses the corpses of the dapperly deceased and battles supernatural foes in this droll horror comedy.
- •We forgetting anything good?