TIPS FOR FIRST-TIME CATAPULT BUYERS
- •Shop aroundLook for the best deal, but don’t be cheap. It’s best to buy from a reputable catapult dealer. Avoid shadowy merchants down by the wharf.
- •Consider your family’s futureRight now it might seem like a little mangonel is all you need, but a couple years down the road, well, life is full of surprises.
- •Be realisticEveryone would love to have a sexy new trebuchet looming over their front yard’s moat, but who’s got thousands of square feet of rough-cut timber to spare?
- •Don’t be fooled by fancy gimmicksBallistas and springalds are both big-ass crossbows. The rest is just marketing.
- •Try before you buyBut don’t, for any reason, put your baby in the bucket, even for just a second while you look around for a nice-sized rock.