I've developed a new habit
and it brings me an unusual amount of joy.
- •When I go to the grocery store,
- •And I'm in to the produce section,
- •I look for people who look lost.Looks at phone, looks at produce, takes 2 steps, looks at phone, looks at produce, touches nothing.
- •I ask them if they need help finding anything.
- •They usually look skeptical.
- •Then I become the Vanna White of vegetables.
- •Kohlrabi? Right this way!
- •Radicchio? Boom!
- •I know, this is a terrible place to put the basil. Why isn't it with all of the other herbs?They might as well put it in a shoebox under the meat counter.
- •I love when a very old man needs help. He'll usually mutter something like "What in the world would she want with this?" while curiously twisting some ginger root.
- •And for some reason this makes me so very happy.