Get the blood pumping while you breath the piney mountain air
- •Elden LookoutFrom the Peaks Ranger Station east of Flag, straight up Mount Elden; the Camelback of Flagstaff; about 3 hrs round trip; the top is kind of ugly, find a spot near the Sunset trail intersection if you're going to picnic
- •Inner BasinKind of a drive to the trailhead at Lockett Meadow, but it doesn't get any more beautiful; watch the altitude, it's up there
- •Humphreys Trail4-5 hours straight up the tallest mountain in AZ; it's tough, the weather can change from sun to lightning to snow, but what a reward at the top!
- •Weatherford TrailAnother longer way up Humphreys Peak from the top of Schultz Pass; takes 5 hours round trip, views of Oak Creek, we'll have to try it!
- •Oldham TrailFrom Buffalo Park, through boulder fields, to big views of Oak Creek and the Painted Desert. Takes 3-4 hours to the top and back
- •Sunset TrailAn easier way up Mount Elden's north side from Schultz Pass; just over a couple hours
- •West ForkDrop into Oak Creek and head into a beautiful red rock canyon. Bring shoes you can get wet.