Day trips and cool places near San Luis Obispo
- •Montana de OroSeriously! Ocean, hiking, tide pools, rugged shoreline...God's glory! Bring your camera...and your sweatshirt- it's usually cloudy.
- •Back Bay CafeWarm coffee and tea, and cold beer, overlooking the salty back bay in Baywood Park. And the best BLT!
- •Red Anchor ChartersHave Dane take you out on his sailboat in Morro Bay to get your boating and salt air on!
- •Cave Excursion at Central Coast KayaksBig adventure taking the kayaks into caves, through rocks, and over pour overs...truly epic!
- •Beach Day!Chill at the beautiful beach in Cayucos (sunny when others are socked in) or Morro Strand (no kites). Fly a kite, play paddleball, or just chill watching the surf and sea life
- •Ruddel's Fish TacosHole in the wall in Cayucos with world famous smoked fish tacos for lunch
- •The Grill and Bakery at Cass HouseOld school beach town Cayucos has gone upscale...in the best way. Open Thu to Mon...all the lunch and dinner is wood fired.
- •Brown Butter CookieCayucos' tourist stop...for good reason! Yummy!
- •SchoonersOld school pretty good steak and seafood restaurant overlooking the Cayucos beach with quite a few salty locals
- •Surfing!Put on a wetsuit and catch the mellow longboard waves at Cayucos pier, or join the (reportedly friendly) locals for more advanced waves at Morro Rock
- •Stand-Up PaddleboardAvila Beach Paddlesports at San Luis pier are great people for a fun SUP (or kayak) rides in the bay
- •Sea Chest Oyster BarDrive up to Cambria for the most real seafood place on the coast. Bring cash!
- •Taco TempleIncredible Mexican seafood dive right on Highway 1 in Morro Bay. Portions are HUGE but so good and so real.
- •Thomas Hill OrganicsTrue farm to table in Paso Robles...great patio if it's not too hot
- •Farmers MarketsTry SLO County's other markets...more mellow and real. We like Mon afternoon in Los Osos-Baywood Park.
- •Noi's Little ThaiLittle takeout in Los Osos-Baywood with the best Thai to eat on the patio
- •Farmers Kite StoreOne of the only reasons to slug it out with the tourists at Morro Bay