🔝 5 FOODS SERVED IN CONES
We don't use cones for much other than ice cream in the U.S., but we should.
- •FritesYou haven't lived until you've scarfed a paper cone of fresh fries on the streets of Antwerp. Get comfortable with the mayo, it's how they're meant to be.
- •Bhel PuriIndians do a lot of great street snacks in cones but my favorite is bhel puri, a wonderful salad of puffed rice and vegetables flavored with tamarind. I practically lived on this in Mumbai.
- •Fish and ChipsSuper comforting to eat out of a newspaper cone while braced against the wind on a chilly English shore.
- •Temaki SushiSo much sushi goodness spilling out of these handrolls. Meant to be consumed immediately after they're made. I wish temaki street vendors were more of a thing.
- •Ice CreamEdible cones are slowly creeping into the savory category (See: Disneyland's chili in a bread cone), but they'll never unseat the champ. Waffle or cake? Also, don't forget Hawaiian shave ice.