ODDLY SPECIFIC PORTLAND FOOD CARTS
There are 700+ food carts in portland but the best always seem to have highly specialized and limited menus. Suggest more!
- •Chez DodoCuisine from the island of Mauritis. Where is Mauritis? Exactly. Four or five choose your own adventure curries from this mashup of creole, french, European and Indian influenced tropical island nation in Africa.
- •Nong's Khao Man GaiEveryone eats at Nong's eventually, Thai street food dish of chicken and rice with the most amazing garlic ginger sauce, served in a paper bundle for immediate consumption.
- •PDX671Food from Guam, another super weird mashup of colonist cultures that hits the palate like nothing you've had before.
- •Potato ChampionLate late late night favorite, just poutine done in about a dozen ways. Situated in a cart pod with a great late night atmosphere.
- •BurrascaTuscan peasant food, usually just three or four menu items, seasonally changing and always incredible.
- •Polli-TicoCentral/South American rotisserie chicken is suddenly a thing in this town (why not?) and there are a few good places. This cart downtown does theirs over charcoal, Peruvian style and it is heavenly. Fried papas on the side and all those great Peruvian sauces for dipping.
- •Stu's StewsFeaturing Donald. And @crb