TRAIN STATION VIBES BETWEEN PORTLAND AND VANCOUVER BC, RANKED
It's a long trip, so we ranked the train station vibes.
- 1.Union Station PortlandUltimate classic station vibe, historic character is impeccable, restored neon, very wholesome looking conductors.
- 2.OlympiaMajor Victorian vibes. Lots of pride in this station, braggy signs like "champion of the rails" and "staffed by volunteers since 1993"
- 3.EverettNice, almost too nice, kind of a new library vibe
- 4.Mt VernonReally nice PNW vibes, some wooden beam action foreshadowing Canada, kind of a poor man's Everett. Dan says "Mt Vernon is a great place to raise kids."
- 5.TukwilaSophisticated park and ride vibes.
- 6.Pacific Central Station Vancouver BCGrand old station vibe, best viewed from the outside but nice marble vibes inside. Friendly urchin asked us if we were looking to party, eh.
- 7.Vancouver WABavarian vibe, ample parking, nice foliage, adjacent to massive metal scrap yard for a feel good recycling vibe on the other side of the tracks.
- 8.EdmondsHoward Johnsons vibe, delightful at sunset
- 9.BellinghamMore pleasant public library vibes but nothing remarkable here, feels institutional
- 10.King Street Station SeattlePretty douchey vibe. Nice station inside but it's buried under the freeway in a sports stadium ghetto, too dark, so dank.
- 11.CentraliaDivey vibe. All brick, larger than Kelso Longview, lots of alcoholics in this town probably
- 12.Kelso/LongviewMain Street USA vibes, hampered by a middling clock tower and general malaise. Nice brick work though.
- 13.StanwoodNothing, no buildings, just straight up plain platform vibes.