Why I'm Excited About The List App Growing Up And Going Public
I've had the same angst that many are sharing but ya know what? I'm over it. It is possible to feel fondness for the intimate beta time and excitement for the public launch. Yes there will be some downsides but there's also PLENTY to look forward to.
- •We need more diversityDiversity in demographics, geography, life experience...diversity in list topics. Yes, the masses will bring repetition, and yes there will be some lameness, but the resulting variety is going to blow that away when the gates open. Look at what the comedy community has done with Twitter and the visual arts community with Instagram. TLA's format and features have even more potential.
- •It will be easier to get people you know to joinI don't know about you but I'm finding it kinda hard to recruit lately. People are spread thin across existing social channels but if there's critical mass of friends and family they know using it already, it's much easier to get them to join. Trust me, as fun as it is now, wait until you're surrounded by even more people you know and love.
- •It could be a powerful social justice toolThis only starts to happen when your audience is big enough. There's so much momentum in so many progressive causes right now and those advocates need a tool like this.
- •I can't wait to see what the media does with TLAI love what the few outlets currently on here are doing already, looking forward to more of that. I predict we're going to need some labeling functionality in our saved lists soon.
- •Most of all because I want to see it carry onAs awesome as the 4k of us are, we ain't keeping the lights on over there at List App HQ. 😉