YOUR OATMEAL NEEDS THESE THINGS
Would love to hear other ideas, always looking to next level my oatmeal.
- •Almond or coconut milkInstead of water or a 50/50 mix with water, adds a thicker texture and a nice subtle base flavor.
- •Peanut butterAlways amazed at how rich this makes oatmeal taste, obviously pairs well with banana and dark chocolate or carob chips. Nutella has a similar effect but the sugar is intense.
- •Crumbled graham crackers or granolaAdd after cooking. The crunch!
- •Bacon and maple syrupCrisp bacon chopped up and sprinkled on top along with a little maple syrup. This is the only savory-ish oatmeal I eat, prefer to leave the savory for grits.
- •Walnuts and cranberries OR blueberries and sunflower seedsTwo magical pairings that round out the nutritional profile and add a little sweet
- •Orange and gingerI keep orange marmalade around for this purpose, then pair it with grated fresh or candied ginger when I have it. Top with almonds or pecans.
- •BlackberriesSuggested by @dev
- •RaspberriesSuggested by @dev
- •Oatmeal with a heavy dose of Grape Nuts cereal on top.Suggested by @cbollinger