PLEASANTRIES I'VE EXCHANGED WITH MY GRANDAD
He's an 82 year old retired Lieutenant Colonel of the Air Force who knows stuff about some stuff.
- •A lil snapshot of us from idk, 20 years ago? He, somehow because he's got magical unicorn blood in him, looks exactly the same. I do not.
- •First off, he bought me a bottle of wine. 🍷👌🏻😊
- •"A girl after my own heart."We were talking about bacon and I said that the fat was the best part of it. He agreed wholeheartedly.
- •"You'll make a great wife some day"He ordered 🌮🌮 that come in those little trays ya know? And he said that he was going to just bend down and eat them like that and I told him that he can live his life and eat his tacos however he wants. He told me I was sweet. 💕
- •"Yeah, sports girl!" *high five*We were chatting about the Super Bowl and I knew it was "...the Carolina Panthers and.." & for the other team he prompted me with Denver and then high-fived me when I answered Broncos. I think the wife comment was premature. 💁🏻
- •"You get that from me."I love hearing this. My cousin is going to see the 5th Wave and she was explaining to him what it is and he goes, "Oh, so it's a Sci-Fi movie" unto which I respond with, "Nah, it's a murder mystery". He smiled and told me I probably got my sarcasm from him.
- •"Why are you wearing a Confederate States of America sweatshirt?!"I told him they are actually my initials and that's how a monogram is made. He thought the order of the letters was stupid. (Can't say I didn't think the same thing before I became a #monogramenthusiast )
- •"I was going to wait until you left, but since you're going shopping you can have it now."*hands me $50* Teared up a lil because I'm lying about being an adult and only have $11 in my bank account to use for gas to get back to GA and man. He's a godsend.
- •"I made it mild just for you."He knows I love shrimp but he also knows that I can't tolerate spicy food so he made sure the cocktail sauce for the shrimp was hella tame. Which just 💔 cause he listened and paid attention. And I'm not used to that in my life.
- •"I like having you here."I was helping get stuff ready for dinner and he paused what he was doing and mentioned this. Really just stabs you in the heart.