5 GREAT THINGS ABOUT LENTILS 🍲
Lentils are my favorite. @eijafayaya sent me some. My mother raised me on them. They were the first thing I leaned to cook and the only thing I ate for years. I'm digesting some as I write. This list had to happen Here are the best things about lentils:
- 1.So many things to makeHow many things can you make with lentils? salads, rice, curries, cakes, soups...you could probably smoke lentils. It'd be hard to get sick of them (I haven't)
- 2.So many typesDo you know how many types of lentils there are? Walk down the lentil aisle. Okay, maybe you don't have a lentil aisle in your Kroger, but try a world foods market maybe? Green lentils, brown lentils, yellow lentils, red lentils (my fav), EVERY FREAKING SHADE AND SHAPE YOU CAN THINK OF
- 3.So many tastesSavory. Spicy. Peppery. I can't really think of a good word, honestly. The tastes vary so much and are each so distinctive.
- 4.So easyLentils are not hard to store, cook, or eat. It's great for someone learning how to cook, experimenting, and screwing up. At the same time, you can use lentils to create a gourmet dish.
- 5.So healthyLentils contain a lot of protein and vitamins, they leave you feeling full and hearty, and is great for people like me who mostly don't eat meat.