Fruits and vegetables I unloaded this morning.
To be a member of the Park Slope food coop, you need to work a 2.5 hour shift once a month. I chose a job where I could carry heavy things while mostly asleep. Today was my shift.
- •The end of the line.Food comes down the conveyor to my level. Then we find it a home in one of the coolers.
- •Organic pineappleTo the fueling of the cooler.
- •AvocadoStacked behind more avocado. For some reason I'm hungry for guac now.
- •StrawberriesWe did some quality control testing, and they are delish.
- •Cotton Candy GrapesNever tried them before. They are insanely sweet Reminiscent of wine grapes at harvest.
- •CherriesQuality unknown.
- •BlueberriesDidn't have time to taste today either. It was super hectic as the coop stockpiles food for 4th of July shoppers.
- •Sweet sweet caffeine.Shift over, now I get my coffee and start my actual job.