Best albums of 1987 (the year I was born)
While most 80's music has aged poorly, there were some real gems if you know where to look. Also, it's fascinating to look back and see how much unrealised influence on the evolution of music that releases had at the time. Starting with the year I was born, here is a list of great albums that were released in 1987.
- •U2 - The Joshua TreeFirstly, this was U2's slingshot album. With tracks like "With Or Without You" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", this album changed the face of popular music for generations to come
- •Faith No More - Introduce YourselfObviously "We Care A Lot" came first but many fans agreed this was the band's first real album release. This was also Chuck Mosley's last appearance with Faith No More
- •Motley Crüe - Girls Girls GirlsThe whole album is an anthem to booze, drugs and sleaze. What's not to love? Also includes a cover version of "Jailhouse Rock"
- •The Replacements - Pleased To Meet MeAs with all of The Replacements' albums, start to finish, this album is a roller coaster of emotion. Yet there is not a bad song to be heard
- •Michael Jackson - BadBy now, Michael Jackson was well and truly known as 'the king of pop'. Due in part to his previous releases having gained the success they did, on "Bad", Michael was given much more freedom from his label in writing and producing his music and released some of the best songs of his career
- •Aerosmith - Permanent VacationGreat comeback album after a few slow sales records. And, it feature "Rag Doll", which I feel is the epitome of Aerosmith
- •Guns N Roses - Appetite For DestructionI think in years to come (in fact we may already be there), this will be the album for the generations of people who have no longer heard of Guns N Roses that they listen to and realise they know all the songs
- •Def Leppard - HysteriaLike many albums above, this is arguably the band's best release. It charted in the U.K., USA and Australia at number 1. It is a soundtrack to vanity but man it's a good one
- •Other notable releases include:Anthrax - Among The Living, Whitesnake - Self Titled, LL Cool J - Bigger And Deffer, Grateful Dead - In The Dark, Tom Waits - Franks Wild Years, Motörhead - Rock N Roll, INXS - Kick, George Michael - Faith, NWA - NWA & The Posse, Rick Astley - Whenever You Need Somebody, Dinosaur Jr - You're Living All Over Me