Best Thing About My Job
What's that thing that keeps you going even when your job gets overwhelming? Or multiple things. I like to think of them when I'm having a hard time. I want to hear about everyone else's favourite part of their job!
- •I'm a junior doctor 🤕.My favourite part is knowing a patient under my care has left the hospital better off than they came in. You'd think this happens often, but it doesn't; the most realistic goal is to get someone back to their baseline. GPs are the ones that get to actually make things better usually. I also love it when a piece of knowledge I didn't even expect my brain to retain surprises me by coming out when I need it.
- •I'm an event plannerThe best part about my job is arriving at a venue before the event is set up. It takes the intimidation away. No matter how many square feet are in this convention hall, I know I can take it! Plus I really like solving problems before they arise and having people never know! 😊Suggested by @Boogie
- •I run my family's garden centerThe best part is that I work with my dad, sister and two brothers and we all get along. I also love being outside and on my feet rather than in an office at a desk. I get to meet all kinds of interesting characters and help them with their plants. Oh and I love love love all the plants and insects and nature in general.Suggested by @kellykock
- •I'm a freelance writer/producerThe best thing about my job is when all the stars align and I have fun creative clients, who also give me creative freedom, and we end on a spot that we can all geek out over. (Big budgets with lots of music licensing $$$ is maybe runner up.)Suggested by @ameliaville
- •I'm a school district's nutrition services directorWhen a student tells me they tried something for the first time that they didn't think they would like but they did or a student who has graduated comes back and tells me that they're using some of the tips I give high school seniors about making healthier choices in the dining halls and dorms, that makes my day. But most importantly, knowing that we are providing meals for so many students who aren't eating anything else that day... That's why we do what we do. Hands down.Suggested by @brookbabbles
- •I'm an in-house art directorWe have a fitness center downstairs with free classes for employees. A spin class or yoga (etc.!) during lunch is amazing — I leave rejuvenated and ready to tackle the afternoon. 🚴🏻Suggested by @doodler19