Signs of Depression (other than low mood)
💔. Not sure if this is appropriate to list. Sometimes it's not always obvious what someone is going through until it's too late.
- •SleepDifficulty falling asleep or early morning waking: In some cases sleeping in is a sign.
- •Loss of interestIn hobbies, socializing, intercourse, etc
- •GuiltAnd low self esteem
- •Low energyLife itself is exhausting when you're depressed
- •Poor concentration
- •AppetiteReduced usually but if there's an associated overeating disorder it's the opposite
- •Slowing downEverything takes longer to do
- •Suicidal ideationWhether passive (I wouldn't mind if I died) or active thoughts of self harm
- •Risk factors for suicide (often not applicable)Male, age <19 or >45, history of depression, previous attempts, alcohol abuse, rational thinking loss, separated/divorce/widowed, organised plan, lack of social support, mentioned a future attempt previously (take this seriously. Always)