ROCK SONGS ABOUT OHIO
My home state...even after living in New Jersey for 20+years Ohio is still home for me.
- •My City was Gone by The PretendersI put this at number one because it gives a shoutout to my hometown, Cuyahoga Falls. How cool is it when your 17, 18 years old and badass Chrissie Hynde sings about your city?
- •Bloodbuzz Ohio by The NationalAlways gives me goosebumps. "I never married, but Ohio don't remember me"
- •Ohio by The Black KeysWhen this comes up in my iPod rotation, it gets cranked all the way up. Whoa-oh-whoa-oh-whoa-oh-whoa-oh-whoa-Ohio! Killer tune.
- •Ohio by Crosby, Stills, Nash and YoungThe classic.
- •Cleveland Rocks by Ian HunterIt really does. Ohioans are awesome music fans. I went to many a concert at the Coliseum and Blossom. I followed a band called Fayrewether all over NE Ohio (and briefly dated their sound man, but that's another story).