HOW TO WRITE A "HIT" SONG
Satire included 😉
- •First start with melodies, I prefer piano. It's easy to manipulate onto other instruments and can be translated simply
- •There is a mass amount of hit songs (ballads) that use 4 main chords usually centered around middle C and G major chords.They vary between verses and choruses
- •Find the chords that sound pleasant next to eachother and melodically play them in a slow or fast 1-2-3 tempo. The 1-2-3 being the pause/hold between notes. Plays each chord three times and the last chord once
- •When coming to the end of a verse, change the last 8 counts to a variation of the chords that leaves open the chorus introductionEx. " Hello" plays f major, a# minor, d# minor, then c# major the entire verse and then the last 8 counts goes from F to D to C then adds a C chord before the chorus
- •The chorus is usually faster or louder and with what I call "mud" notes added.This is where you add a higher or lower octave of the same exact chords you were playing on one hand in order to give it more impact.
- •Next find a theme you want to run with for the lyrics, try this new idea called love or even heartbreak.... writing about people seems to be a new thing as well!!
- •Always make sure you have one catchy line that if someone heard the song once they would remember that line
- •Never step out of the "song writing outline" boundaries this means ALWAYS make sure you have a intro, verse, pre chorus, chorus, verse, pre chorus, chorus, BRIDGE !!!, and then you guessed it..... chorus !
- •Last but not least try as hard as you can to sound catchy or else no one in our short attention span society will give a damn what your singing 😉
- •Happy writing future musicians🎶🎶🎶And come prepared for your creativity to be ripped from your soul ＼(^o^)／
- •Ps. Im bitterAnd I still love Adele shhhh