IMPORTANT QUOTES FROM RUSSELL BRAND
Free of rhetorical narratives, and seeks truth. Big endorser of unlearning social construction. Existentialist to the point of a comedic grim reaper. What a dream✨
- •"I think many of the boundaries that convention has placed upon us are arbitrary, so we can fiddle with them if we fancy. Gravity’s hard to dispute, and breathing, but a lot of things we instinctively obey are a lot of old tosh."
- •"Life is not a theme park, and if it is, the theme is death."
- •"It’s difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious oneness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you."
- •"I regret that I didn’t realize that actually they’ve got no power over you at school — it’s all just a trick to indoctrinate you into being a conditioned, tame, placid citizen. Rebel children, I urge you, fight the turgid slick of conformity with which they seek to smother your glory."
- •"We all need something to help us unwind at the end of the day. You might have a glass of wine, or a joint, or a big delicious blob of heroin to silence your silly brainbox of its witterings but there has to be some form of punctuation, or life just seems utterly relentless."
- •"No-one really feels self-confident deep down because it's an artificial idea. Really, people aren't that worried about what you're doing or what you're saying, so you can drift around the world relatively anonymously: you must not feel persecuted and examined. Liberate yourself from that idea that people are watching."
- •"I recognize that I have the ability to be selfish, but I also recognize that you can't be happy if you only care about yourself at the expense of other people."
- •"What was alien was being ordinary, being humdrum, being trapped into appeasing…having to crush and stifle my opinions, not being allowed to be brilliant, tricking myself into mediocrity"✨ 👽 tricking myself into mediocrity