10 REASONS I'M IN NEW HAMPSHIRE RIGHT NOW
...and not in Delaware with my cat.
- •College is over but none of my potential employers in Delaware seemed to share my sense of urgency concerning giving me a job
- •Talking about how unseasonably warm it is was getting old, so now I'm in a hideously cold place that supplies a whole new type of weather-related small talk
- •Cheap beer in Delaware bars wasn't draining my bank account quickly and efficiently enough
- •I decided to ignore the check engine light in my car and it went away almost long enough for the 400 mile trip up
- •There are apparently other campaign staffers who have explained to everyone what a Classics degree is, so I didn't need to have that conversation
- •I didn't want to think about my college experience any more, so obviously working in a college town among college kids was a logical decision
- •I REALLY love cold-calling angry 75 year olds and listening to them tell me about how my generation is ruining the country and taking all of their money
- •The remote possibility that being in a new state could prevent my ex girlfriend from looking at and responding to everything I post on the Internet
- •Volunteering on a campaign is somewhat less crazy than embarking on a solo winter camping trip to the Pacific Northwest, according to my mother
- •Free stickers!