10 REASONS I'M IN NEW HAMPSHIRE RIGHT NOW
...and not in Delaware with my cat.
- 1.College is over but none of my potential employers in Delaware seemed to share my sense of urgency concerning giving me a job
- 2.Talking about how unseasonably warm it is was getting old, so now I'm in a hideously cold place that supplies a whole new type of weather-related small talk
- 3.Cheap beer in Delaware bars wasn't draining my bank account quickly and efficiently enough
- 4.I decided to ignore the check engine light in my car and it went away almost long enough for the 400 mile trip up
- 5.There are apparently other campaign staffers who have explained to everyone what a Classics degree is, so I didn't need to have that conversation
- 6.I didn't want to think about my college experience any more, so obviously working in a college town among college kids was a logical decision
- 7.I REALLY love cold-calling angry 75 year olds and listening to them tell me about how my generation is ruining the country and taking all of their money
- 8.The remote possibility that being in a new state could prevent my ex girlfriend from looking at and responding to everything I post on the Internet
- 9.Volunteering on a campaign is somewhat less crazy than embarking on a solo winter camping trip to the Pacific Northwest, according to my mother
- 10.Free stickers!