Antidepressants I have been on
It's been about 15 years since my MDD (major depressive disorder) diagnosis. Current combination: Wellbutrin and Prozac.
- •ZoloftGot mad at my doctor, thought "This is grief, not depression, dammit!" and quit it.
- •LexaproAwesome, worked for years, until it didn't anymore. First thing that made the wanting to die go away. Felt like myself, but without the depression.
- •WellbutrinAdded when Lexapro alone stopped working. Decreased my appetite a bit, but not terribly.
- •CymbaltaDidn't help. Frustrated, I decided to take the advice of everyone who said, "You need therapy." They were right. Therapy helped.
- •CelexaIt's basically Lexapro, and these drugs have worked pretty well for me. I can't remember why I changed.
- •PristiqMade everything taste bad. That was worse than wanting to die. Seriously. Quit that shit.
- •ProzacWorking for now, but has made me gain weight. Just decreased my dosage since I'm at a better place in life (loving my new job!). I think I'm losing some weight now, but struggling emotionally again.
- •ExerciseNo shit, seriously helps if you can find something you can drag yourself off the couch to do. Yoga works for me, and walking the dogs.