My Favorite Books Growing Up
- •Anne of Green Gables by L.M. MontgomeryMy grandma and I had a book club that consisted of just her and I reading all these books a few times, watching the miniseries on tv and then her making me promise to name my future daughter Anne
- •Pippi Longstocking by Astrid LindgrenI have a thing for quirky girls
- •Nancy Drew by Carolyn KeeneThe whole lot of 'em, I just ate them all up
- •Little Women by Louisa May AlcottI think I read this yearly
- •The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner and L. Kate DealI always love a good adventure
- •Frog and Toad by Arnold LobelI learned to read with this series and it will always be super special for that reason
- •Madeline by Ludwig BemelmansShe was so cute!
- •From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. KonigsburgI always entertained fantasies of running away. I'd pack a small suitcase and hide in a corner and read instead.
- •Matilda by Roald DahlA super nerd who uses her powers to triumph over evil...perfect