SEVEN SUPER SALIENT THINGS I REMEMBER FROM MY CHILDHOOD
- •Saturday morning cartoonsParticularly, Jem and the Hollograms and XMen
- •Roller skatingSkateland in Northridge was THE go-to birthday party in my click
- •My 2nd grade crushMichael. The most important person in my universe for YEARS. I often wonder what he's doing now.
- •Moving from the Philippines at 5 yoMy one concern was if America would have bathrooms because I wasn't sure if Americans went to the bathroom in the same way.
- •Feeling really confident? Entitled? Blessed?I remember thinking in 5th grade that I could have whatever I wanted after getting a lead in some minor play without even trying.
- •Complicated relationship with nappingI HATED being put down for a nap but was always totally amazed when I woke up that I actually fell asleep. Every. Single. Time.
- •Telling my mother "I'm not a kid anymore" at 7 years old...Because I wanted to dress myself for church. I chose a yellow and white vertically striped top with a purple plaid wool skirt. I thought thay outfit was 👌🏼. It wasn't.