Funny Ladies I Love
Writing this list because just last month a guy told me that he "doesn't think female comedians are funny". I think differently! Here are some female comics who crack me up on the regular.
- •Julia Louis DreyfusThis might sound crazy, but I was never a huge Seinfeld fan - maybe I should go back and watch it? But I am consistently awed by JLD's performance on Veep. She is so talented, and I also love her in Amy Schumer's "last fuckable day" sketch. 💯
- •Allison JanneyOMG I love this woman and could make a list about all the dramatic roles she's done that are amazing. But she is also a great comedic actress- I loved her the first time I saw her in 10 Things I Hate About You and she was hilarious in Juno. Her sitcom Mom (alongside funny lady Anna Farris) is surprisingly deep and funny. I love too that she doesn't have that conventional Hollywood look but is still so beautiful. 💯
- •Amy SchumerI saw her years ago roasting Charlie Sheen and instantly she stood out to me for her brazenness and for being pretty offensive, but in a way that was cool to see a woman acting. Inside Amy Schumer is brilliant (12 Angry Men sketch, Friday Night Lights/rape spoof, Glammo Magaxine.. so good!) and I got to see her perform with @courtneymoss and it was hilarious all the way through. Can't wait to see what she does next. 💯
- •Leslie JonesThe first time I saw her on SNL weekend update I couldn't stop laughing. Her style, perspective, and delivery feels so fresh. I love that she became famous a little later on in life (gives the rest of us hope!) and that she's getting more and more air time on SNL. Can't wait for Ghostbusters!! 💯
- •Abbi Jacobson and Ilana GlazerBroad City is one of the funniest shows on TV at the moment! They are super relatable on the show and they put themselves out there like no other (OMG the pegging episode!) Yas Kweens! 💯
- •Tina Fey and Amy PoehlerSNL Weekend Update, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation... they are trailblazers and I love them and their books are great, too. 💯
- •Mindy KahlingActress, writer, director, producer... She can do it all! I'm getting lazy about writing things but I am so happy her comedy is out there for everyone to enjoy. And her books are great, too. 💯
- •Kate MacKinnonLove watching her make everyone crack up on SNL every week! Also can't wait to see her in Ghostbusters, and anything else she does ever for all of eternity.💯
- •Tracee Ellis RossShe is beautiful and hilarious and so accomplished and I'm glad she's getting such positive recognition for Blackish, which is hilarious. 💯
- •Kristen WiigTarget Lady! Gilly! Dooneese! Bridesmaids! Skeleton Twins! Can't wait for Ghostbusters! 💯
- •Elizabeth Banks, Chelsea Peretti, Maya Rudolph, Melissa McCarthy, Wanda Sykes...I know I am missing a bunch of funny women on this list!! So many more to add!! 💯💯💯💯💯
- •So yeah, it's 2016. Hopefully this year I won't hear anymore "female comedians aren't funny" gibberish.
- •Which funny ladies do you love??