A CONVERSATION WITH MOM
don't get me wrong, my mom is absolutely wonderful and relatively liberal, but just these things are ?????
- •on Monday, my mom and I had an interesting (read: infuriating) conversation about my generation.
- •when I mentioned my promposal to crush boy, her first response was "is that what you're supposed to do?"also, she likes to remind me that I'm being "too forward" for a girl and that I should've let the boy make the first move instead of telling him how I felt
- •THIS MAKES ME SO MAD --- WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO DO WHAT I WANT BECAUSE OF MY GENDER??????there should never be restrictions as to what I'm allowed to do because I have a vagina!!! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO EXPRESS MY FEELINGS IN THE WAY I SEE FIT BC I'M A HUMAN. when she asked me why I told the boy how I felt, I said because I was feeling it and I wanted to know how he was feeling and that it made me feel powerful and strong. and she just blankly stared at me like these were things I shouldn't be feeling as the female in the relationship.
- •her argument is that every girl should feel wanted and should make the boy work for herokay, but why is this all up to gender???????? why can't I make another person feel wanted??? why why why why????? I understand that she grew up in a different era, but we've progressed from there!! if we're working towards gender equality, the wage gap isn't the only issue to focus on!! gender roles & expectations are still fucking up lives & need to be addressed too
- •and when I mentioned that one of my friends might possibly not be straight, she asked "you guys think about that stuff this early???"like, yes mom, sexuality is a big part of this stage of maturing!!!! she said "well everyone goes through a confusing period, so why are they deciding now?" BC FEELINGS ARE VALID AND PEOPLE CAN IDENTIFY WHEN THEY WANT AND HOW THEY WANT WHO R U TO SAY THAT THEY'RE WRONG?????
- •I was getting so heated in the middle of zinburger manI neglected my veggie burger for this conversation mom
- •basically what I'm trying to say is why shove people into boxes from such an early age? let humans develop as HUMANS and not categorize them based on gender
- •✨love u mom✨