MY FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT PERSIAN NEW YEAR
It's that time again! And it's the best!
- •Hyacinths errwhereThey are beautiful and smell great - best holiday flower, hands down. Sorry poinsettia.
- •It happens at the precise moment it becomes springWhich, if you think about it, makes way more sense than a winter new year. What says "new year" more than all the new life spring brings?
- •One of the traditions is jumping over fireOVER FIRE! How badass is that? Thanks Zoroastrianism!
- •It lasts 13 daysAnd you get cash money from people the whole time. Any time you visit an elder, you get dat cash. Bought a boombox, a bike, and the Beach Boys' greatest hits one year AND opened my first savings account, which I still have to this day. It was amazing.
- •And it ends with an awesome picnicBecause it's spring and beautiful and awesome!!