THINGS THAT FLOAT THROUGH MY BRAIN SOMETIMES
The miscellany of my inner monologue
- •Do I just totally lack the personality trait to be successful? Like, am I the worker bee, never the queen?
- •Is that even a bad thing?
- •It's not like I'm wholly unsuccessful, I have a great career ahead of me, but is it bad that I could see myself staying there for my whole career? I feel like everyone's pushing me to move, change jobs, etc. bc that will make me more "successful." Is it bad that I'm content where I'm at right now?
- •Goooood why was law school so fucking expensive? I will die before I pay this off.
- •Not true, because they will make me pay it off before they let me die.
- •I'm only a few years into my career, this all feels premature.
- •I hate that one day I'll have to stop wearing my fun, bright, but work appropriate outfits for power suits to move up in the ranks. That's some bullshit!
- •I should really stop comparing my (lack of) success to my spine surgeon brother's career and financial situation. That's a pretty fruitless exercise.
- •Unless my goal is to feel like total shit, in which case it's a very fruitful exercise.
- •I'm going to type up all my icky thoughts into a list for total strangers to read - genius!