COMICS I LOVE RIGHT NOW
So, to be clear I work at a nerd store, I need to know nerd things. That being said I also love words and art and comics have both of those things so I read them. Here's my list of the comics I scream about with my co-workers:
- •The VisionSentient robot (who is also kind of not a robot) is tired of Avengering about so he creates a family and moves to a suburb outside of Washington D.C. Despite this pseudo sitcom synopsis, it's super dark and deals a lot with alienation and assimilation
- •SagaA massive epic chronicling the lives of lovers from opposite sides of an intergalactic genocide, and the daughter of that love navigating the world that says she couldn't exist. It's pretty awesome...😎
- •The GoddamnedSo, Cain, like biblical Cain right? The guy couldn't die. Every wonder what he did that whole time? Well turns out it's pretty gross, but a great concept.
- •Unbeatable Squirrel GirlNot much to say other than this one of the smartest and wordiest (I'm aware this isn't a word) comics and also really fun.
- •Paper GirlsFour girls on a paper route stumble into the end of their world as they know it, and must stick together if only because no one else will believe them