My tricks to go through upcoming events anxiety
Like right now, knowing tomorrow I'm gonna have to knock at dozens of people's doors everyday for a few weeks...
- 1.I tell myself "whatever happens, no matter how great or terrible, I'll be home/in bed/in a safe place in a few hours/tonight"Experience taught me that things pass and soon become a memory. I
- 2.also know now that 90% of the time things that scare me end up being the best moments because they usually involve people and I love sharing with people.I actually think I'm not an introvert at all, I might just be an extrovert with some social anxiety.
- 3.My psychiatrist taught me to think of what worst could happen in a situation.You end up finding it too improbable or just not that bad after all. You're ridicule, so what? You're late, someone yells at you, so what?
- 4.I remember I went to New York the first time I travelled alone, the first time I went to the USA, for two weeks, ALONE! And my social anxieties were really bad. And I made it 💪So I know I can do anything I set my mind to.
- 5.I tell myself to fake it 'til I make it. I have to interview people, so lets "play" the interviewer, and then it's not even really me doing all this!