Words That Are Better in English
I'm very fond of the English language and I read and watch a lot of English/American stuff. I often find myself thinking that an English word is better than its French equivalent. Here are a few examples. What do you think?
- •ActuallyEn fait
- •YouI hate the tu/vous choice we have.
- •SquirrelMy friend Rob always makes fun of French people trying to say this word. So try ours to see : écureuil
- •SiobhanGranted its a name not a word but I love it and I'd love to name my future daughter Siobhan but in French it sounds see-oh-ba-ne 😫 not shee-von like it's supposed to!
- •AwesomeGénial : I like the "awe" part in awesome. It seems poetic to my ears.
- •GiggleRicaner / pouffer de rire