INSOMNIA CAPTAINS LOG: DAY ONE 🙅🏻💤
It's 2:00 am, and instead of sleeping I'm writing this list. SOS.
- •My husband @peykemans is snoring right now. Loudly. The dog is snoring. Loudly. The cat is trying to bite my toes every time I move.So far, so good. This is the perfect forecast for insomnia. Anchors up. ⚓️
- •To be completely honest, I fell asleep on the couch at 10pm watching Bobs Burgers. I'm not perfect.My husband woke me up at 12:30am to come to bed. After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I feel like there's new life breathed into me. Also, I strongly suspect I was brought here to judge a snoring contest. Husband is winning, even though dog's snore is cuter.
- •My brain is racing. Mostly about DIY Christmas gifts. Like, all that coffee liqueur I'm going to make.Maybe I should get up and make coffee liqueur now. But, no. It's late. Or, early. I don't know where I am anymore.
- •Hmmm...I should use the fresh herbs in my garden to make fresh herb salt.I could do that now...but, I'd have to go harvest herbs and I'm afraid of the angry possums that live in our oak tree. Also, it's probably best if the galley stays closed.
- •I should email my editor some pitches about salads that don't suck for 2016.No. Emailing about salad with a 2:00 am timestamp makes you look unstable, Gina. Stawp. 🙅🏻
- •I should really finish that necklace for my brother's girlfriend...I still haven't decided on a deer antler pendant or a druzy quartz. But, trying to make this decision right now feels dramatic. I don't want to lose sleep over this shit. It's beading. I'm losing sleep over beading. I can't even. 📿
- •I wonder how long The Santa Clause 2 is?It troubles me that I'm considering falling asleep to a Tim Allen movie sequel.
- •I should spray the backs of my knees with magnesium oil.This is supposed to make you sleepy. It also burns a little.
- •Citrus sugar!Gina, stop trying to start DIY projects right now. K, thanks.
- •Dude. It's really late. Im never going to sleep again. Life is over. 😭Insomnia makes me dramatic. Considering walking the plank. Ok, enough boat metaphors.