At the Mall
I am sitting on the second floor of the mall between HMV and Build a Bear.
- •As far as the teenagers are concerned I am invisible.It is around 4:30 pm. They probably just got out of school.
- •The teenagers swear every sentence.It is annoying and distracting. I find it hard to concentrate on my book.
- •One of the girls wants to be a waitress or own a strip club!Such lofty career goals. Okay I'm being snarky but only in my head.
- •There is no where comfortable to sit.The mall benches are hard and uncomfortable.
- •I don't want to buy anything.Not even chocolate. Not even books.
- •Okay maybe all the books.Nope. Don't want any of the books. Not even Stephen King's new one or his son Joe's book.
- •I am killing time before my out of town bus leaves for home.I didn't drive into the city because I didn't feel like dealing with parking in the city. 🚗🚚🚛🚑🚍🚕🚓🚲🏍🚜
- •I am tired and sun-burnt and just want to be home with a tall glass of ice water. 💦Why is there no water glass emoji?
- •I wonder what my cat, Lulu is doing right now.Probably sleeping. I need a nap.
- •It is a Wednesday afternoon. There are not a lot of people at the mall.
- •The teenagers have left. I can go back to reading my book in peace and quiet.
- •Nope. Time to explore Build A Bear.It is quiet and not full of excited little children.
- •Okay. Maybe I would buy a bear or two.I won't even though I have "spare" money today.
- •There are cute costumes.Like Wonder Woman and Super Girl.
- •I almost bought this Canada Day outfit for my bear Zuzu.She is named after the little girl in It's A Wonderful Life.
- •But I didn't buy anything today except food. My "spare" money is safe and sound in my wallet.
- •Now I am on the bus heading home. Good-bye and good night all.🚍